Frequently the effects of a substance on the brain justify its continued use and distort otherwise sound powers of reasoning, therefore it is vital to have a time where no substances are used in order to get the patient to a sound frame of mind. While having detox, the patient can have the chance to free his mind and contemplate about potential plans of obtaining treatment.
The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
Detox Is A Series Of Interventions That Are Designed To Manage Acute Intoxication And Withdrawal Symptoms As Defined By Samhsa
It precedes substance abuse rehab, so it is different than it. Detox might last for a couple of months, but sometimes it can only last a week or less. Futures of Palm Beach boasts detox experts who can assist you to treat withdrawal symptoms effectively and get you admitted to a customised treatment plan. It is highly and professionally recommended that addicts go through a long term treatment plan as detoxification does not deal with the social, emotional, cognitive and psychological issues that arise as a result of addiction.
By The End Of The Detox Process The Three Steps Involved Should Be Able To Set A Patient On A Path To Either An Outpatient Or An Inpatient Recovery Treatment Plan
- It is imperative to accurately diagnose and assess a person's addiction for an appropriate treatment plan to be effective.
- In the assessment phase, it does not only determine the dependency level, it also assists in identifying any hidden medical or psychological problems or disorder which is co-occurring with drug dependency.
- Becoming Stable
- Patients start withdrawal from alcohol or drugs with the procedure called stabilization.
- The main purpose in this stage is to achieve a drug-free shape.
- In order to help with the process, especially in cases where the patient is a heavy drug user, a prescription of medication can be provided.
- A true acceptance and identification of addiction starts after patients succeed in having a balanced mind and stabilized thoughts.
- The doors to recovery treatment and the user's role in the process are opened with this.
- Stimulating Admission Into Drug Treatment
- It's stated that several people who complete detoxification don't look for additional treatment for drug abuse/addiction.
- One thing is sure, even though reasons for this are different in every individual greater success rates for staying sober are present in those who decide to continue their substance abuse treatment.
- So much weight is placed on addiction awareness and dedication towards sobriety.
- Patients can follow through with a clinical drug treatment program in either outpatient or inpatient context once this phase is finished.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It Is Never Too Late To Obtain Medical Care For Your Drug Dependency
Contact Future's of Palm Beach now if you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction. We provide you a specialized addiction treatment facility and qualified professionals committed to your success.
You have the opportunity to consult with a qualified clinician in order to figure out all the options that are available to you in the quest for a drug-free life.