NHS Or Private Rehab?
For many individuals, private residential rehab is the preferred treatment solution. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. You can also get admission in NHS to a private rehab centres.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
UK residents are entitled to benefit from free addiction treatment programs through licensed community based NHS rehab or private residential recovery centres across the country with the right equipment. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Pros And Cons
Private rehabilitation facilities
- Flexible rehab schedule;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- Recovery is helped along due to therapeutic community that creates powerful bonds with doctors and other addicts;
- Family visits, phone calls and letters are put in place for smooth program running;
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than rehabilitation on the NHS;
- Not covered by medical insurance in some cases.
- It doesn't cost anything;
- Anyone can apply;
- Operates in the local community near home and family reach;
- Slow and long admission;
- Has no referral guarantee to residential rehab;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- Recovery is influenced by easy exposure to drugs and alcohol accessibility during treatment;
- You get more limited access to personal therapist;
- You may not have the same staff or same therapist during your rehabilitation process;
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Alternative Cross Border Treatment
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. Funding through the EU cross border healthcare directive is however possible to gain a much faster access.
All UK patients are requested to take benefit from this service and get more information on Alcohol Rehab Essex site.