Knowledge Of Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
It focuses on dealing the addicts trauma through entertaining exercises.
The regular environment of a therapist may be difficult to some addicts and they don't find it easy to talk. It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Rock climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness walks
- Game therapy
- Adventure based counselling
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. A drug user on the mend can learn how to deal with these issues without resorting to drug use with the help of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Physically requesting exercises like shake climbing and climbing re-enact genuine worry for recuperating addicts to overcome. Exploratory treatment could educate recuperating users on how to manage daily pressures such as urges as well as addiction provocations.
Many mental health problems that may be hiding behind the addiction can also be treated with the help of experimential therapy. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Throughout the stretch of an exploratory treatment, counsellors lead recuperating users via various therapeutic activities , custom made to their particular therapeutic necessities.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Co-happening mental disarranged experimential therapy treats include
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Combining Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Since withdrawal from many medications causes uncomfortable or even hazardous side effects, it's essential to start any treatment program with a therapeutic detox. Treatment of withdrawal symptoms during detoxification can be handled in both residential and outpatient facilities. Experimential therapy together with other therapies can thereafter be used to treat psychological withdrawal symptoms and other mental health conditions.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Experimential Therapy Methods Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- But is not what many people can think at the beginning, the addicts will feed the horses, take them to walk, bond with them, they are not riding the horses.
- The different methods used by recovering addicts when interacting with the horses can provide insights about their mental and emotional states.
- EAP could aid recuperating users deal with unpleasant emotions or agonies they may not realise in any other way.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation And Reprocessing [EMDR]
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- With the help of EMDR, many patients have successfully dealt with negative feelings that usually lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, camping and hiking can all be part of this therapy.
- Providing addicts an opportunity to develop personal responsibility, communication skills and the skills to solve problems while working within a group setting is the objective of adventure therapy and addicts receives the help that is required to achieve the ends.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Get Treatment For Your Addiction Today
Contact us right now, to help you find the best treatment for you or anyone you know that are going through drug issues. Experimential therapies such as climbing, use of art and obstacle courses can now be found in certain drug treatment centres. You will find what you need to defeat your addiction in many rehab centres through the whole nation call us on 0800 246 1509.