What Is Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The body, spirit and mind are also comprehensively used in this technique to help cure an addition.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
One can overcome an addiction and also get into proper health practices in the end when they are on the holistic treatment program.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Developing self-assurance
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Nutritional Therapy
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- Sport training is an essential aspect of treatment.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- Comprehensive medical care
- Counselling sessions
Many addicts who are looking forward to recovering also to attend twelve-step groups like Narcotics Anonymous And Alcoholics Anonymous for the emotional support they need.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.